Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Chunky Monkey Bars (Raw)



So I made some bars that tasted really good. They have one I my favorite combinations Peanut butter and chocolate. Yum! They passed with my son Derek too. I love that you can only eat a little bit of them and have a nice full feeling that lasts. They are fast and easy to make and no oven needed. The name seemed to fit them.


Ingredients

2 C oatmeal
1 C peanut butter
1-2 T honey *optional (substitute date paste for vegan version)
2 T coconut oil
1 T cocoa powder
2 T chia


Directions  makes about 10

1. Pour all the ingredients in the bowl and stir.
2. Grease a loaf pan.
3. Press mixture into the pan and put in the fridge to harden.
4. Cut into squares.
5. Store leftovers in airtight container in the fridge.

*They are kind of like these cookies 


2 comments:

  1. would this work with cooked steel cut oats?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an interesting idea. You could give it a try. I love steel cut oats.

      Delete